• MLIS or equivalent library experience
• Formal degree at the Bachelor’s level in Music or equivalent
• At least one year cataloging experience in RDA or AACR2 and MARC bibliographic formats, with music cataloging experience strongly preferred. Ability to rapidly learn and implement cataloging procedures, principles, and standards adopted for the project
• Knowledge of the principles of authority control, particularly in relation to music materials, and familiarity with the NACO authority files.
• Experience with general music reference materials, especially discographies
• Project management skills
• High level of proficiency using PC-based applications (Window and/or Mac, word processing, spreadsheets) and other computer applications (email, Internet, Integrated Library Systems)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail for complex, detail-oriented work
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member, and the flexibility to be organized, productive and effective in a dynamic environment
• Advanced knowledge of one modern Western European language in addition to English; working knowledge of other Western European languages
• Experience cataloging music sound recordings using RDA and MARC21.