37.5 hours/week; includes evening and occasional weekend shifts.
Requirements: MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution, technological competency (especially with eBooks, digital resources, and tablets), customer service-oriented attitude, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, eagerness to work with a diverse student population.
Candidates with an educational background in Business, Jazz and Popular Music, Audio Recording, or Film/Video Production will be given preference.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting students and faculty with research
- Assist with the transition from a traditional college library to a more digital environment
- Digital collection development
- Teaching the College’s Information Literacy classes, as well as informal instruction
- Teaching the College’s Student Success Seminar
- Technical services (familiarity with both AACR2 and RDA preferred)
- Community outreach
- Serve on College committees and share in College governance
- All other functions generally associated with librarianship
Compensation: $40,000 plus instructional pay, health insurance, paid time off.
Five Towns College is an equal opportunity employer.