The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries seeks innovative, collaborative, user-focused applicants for the position of Fine Arts Librarian. Reporting to the Head of the Library Liaison Program, this position will support undergraduate, graduate and faculty research in the College of Fine Arts throughout their practice and creative process, and the research lifecycle. Liaison librarians serve as the primary contact between UNLV Libraries and their departments. The College of Fine Arts includes the School of Architecture and the Departments of Art, Dance, Film, Music and Theatre. The successful candidate will develop curriculum-integrated instructional sessions, provide research support and consultations, collaborate with teaching faculty on assignment and course content, and maintain an effective collection in these disciplines in order to meet the teaching and research needs of faculty and students.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a complex, changing environment with a positive, flexible, and innovative attitude, and he or she will have a proven capacity to work effectively and collegially in teams with staff at all levels, as well as with faculty and students
As a tenure-track library faculty member, the incumbent will also be expected to engage in scholarly activities; and provide service to the university, the community, and the profession in accordance with Libraries and University standards for promotion and tenure.
- A master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association
- Expertise or a bachelor’s or master’s degree in at least one of the assigned subject areas
- Demonstrated understanding of the unique information and research needs of the School of Fine Arts students and faculty
- Familiarity with information literacy theory, practice, and assessment
- Knowledge of emerging information technologies and their application to research and teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize workload assignments
- Reading ability in at least one additional Western European language
- Knowledge of print and digital resources that support music, fine arts, performing arts, or architecture
- Academic library experience with research assistance and information literacy instruction
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position at Rank II or III (equivalent to an Assistant or Associate Professor). Salary range starts at $60,100 – salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, the UNLV Libraries is committed to and helps fund professional development opportunities. Salaries are competitive with those at similarly situated institutions and dependent upon labor market. Position is contingent upon funding.