APPOINTMENT: 10 Months, August 2015 start date.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reports directly to the Dean of University Libraries.
- Managerially responsible for evaluation and supervision of the Music Library which is a branch of the University Libraries adjacent to the School of Music. The Music Librarian supervises one civil service employee.
- Has responsibility for circulation, reference, library instruction, and collection development.
- Assists with music cataloging as appropriate.
- Functions as the liaison between the University Libraries and the School of Music and maintains effective communication with colleagues, faculty, and students.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures, and assumes special projects as assigned.
- Fulfills requirements of faculty status in areas of contributions to librarianship, scholarly activities, and service.
RANK & SALARY: Assistant professor, tenure track. Western Illinois University offers a competitive benefits package including domestic partner benefits. For full benefit information visit: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/human_resources/benefits/.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: ALA-accredited Masters Degree and additional graduate degree.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: An academic degree (undergraduate or graduate) in music subject area is desired. Experience in an academic library, preferably in a music-related position; supervisory experience; bibliographic knowledge of German and at least one Romance language. The candidate should be able to effectively handle multiple projects and work with minimal supervision.
Full job description available at: http://wiu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=55199