MLA is seeking the next Coordinator of the Reduced Registration Program.
The Reduced Registration Program is an avenue for paraprofessionals and regular members within the first 5 years of membership to attend MLA national meetings at a discounted registration fee, requiring some hours of voluntary work throughout each meeting. The Reduced Registration Program Coordinator oversees the entire process, which begins several months prior to each meeting date, and continues during and even after the meeting. The general duties of the Reduced Registration Coordinator are to:
- Announce the upcoming Reduced Registration Program and sets dates for the application process
- Collect names and contact information of eligible applicants
- Compile a list of duties with names and contact information of duty supervisors
- Arrange the schedule of duties for each volunteer based on availability, preference, and ability
- Be available during the annual meeting to tend to any possible irregularities and cover stations if needed
- After the annual meeting, solicit feedback from volunteers and from contact persons
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Membership Committee
While not required, those who have previously participated in the Reduced Registration Program are particularly encouraged to apply. Extensive experience in MLA is not required. The outgoing Coordinator will work alongside the new Coordinator in preparation for the Norfolk meeting.
Please send a letter of application to Mallory Sajewski, Chair of the Membership Committee, at mallory.sajewski @ interlochen.org. The application deadline is July 31, 2019.