This is a contract position with limited remote hours beginning in March 2014, flexible schedule. On-Location Services: Full-time for duration of Caribbean Tour from June 27 – July 28.
JOB SUMMARY: YOA’s Music Librarian works to source,
procure, and prepare all music parts and scores required for the
execution of the orchestra’s international Residence and Concert Tour.
Position involves management of a music rental budget; ordering or
purchasing rental sets for two distinct concert programs; applying
bowing to parts based on conductor and faculty input; preparing
individual scores as needed; creating comprehensive instrumentation list
by concert; sharing parts electronically with orchestra musicians in
advance of tour; managing music parts and stand folders on tour;
ensuring that all rental sets are returned to publishers following tour;
reviewing financial accounts with publishers to ensure good standing.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a music librarian or
assistant librarian in a professional orchestra, education program,
university, or conservatory.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Efficient and thorough work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Capability to work well in culturally diverse settings required.
- Basic spoken and written Spanish preferred.