Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts is seeking to hire a Technical Services Librarian. The ideal candidate will share a vision of the importance of technology in the delivery of modern library services and will be able to effectively communicate and implement that vision and related strategies. Within this position we are looking for an individual with innovative and results-oriented skills.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection and service that meets patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community.
Major duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage, maintain, and trouble shoot the ILS (SIRSI-Dynix)
- Train the appropriate staff in using the up-dates of the ILS system
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to the library area
- Oversee cataloging and processing of materials
- Oversee matters dealing with circulation
- Manage Interlibrary Services, Michigan e-library electronic resource management, online collections, and digital services projects
- Recommend and provide support implementing new and emerging technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff and students
- Process orders for supplies and materials when needed
- Participate in school-wide committee work when applicable
- Aid in maintaining the library’s website
- Provide a high level of reference and technical support to our users
- Supervise high school community service students
- Support the teaching of Information Literacy classes and Intermester courses as needed
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials for the library
- Collaborate with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach, programming and initiatives
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of library technologies
- Experience working in a library
- Proficient in using and teaching library databases.
- Trained cataloger with knowledge of OCLC: skilled in using OCLC, knowledge of MARC and RDA, assigning subject headings and classification
- Demonstrated experience in project management and problem solving
- Evidence of the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in libraries
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a variety of responsibilities and projects
- Desired qualifications include
- experience with library applications and systems such as SIRSI-Dynix, CONTENTdm/D-Space, 3-M security, and ILL;
- an undergraduate degree in an arts related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
A competitive salary and benefits package being offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.