This position is located in Music Library.
Coordinates the daily operations of a library function or program such as serial ordering, reference processing, special collections, electronic publications, information services, and so forth.
- Performs reference work using subject expertise or general resource material.
- Trains and coordinates the work activities of library specialists, library assistants, and/or student workers.
- Interprets and teaches use of basic indexes, directories, guides, files and catalogs.
- Receives and processes reserves and library loan requests.
- Compiles book lists and bibliographies; reviews books and other material in areas of subject expertise.
- Participates in the preparation, maintenance and updating of policies and procedures for functional area.
- May teach electronic research classes to new and experienced library users.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Processes and repairs music library collection items, such as books, scores, CDs, etc.
- Provides support for Music Library technology and equipment, including media players.
Associates and 1 year experience
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required.
An Associate’s degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
- Formal education in or working knowledge of music, including ability to read music
- Advanced desktop or laptop computer skills and familiarity with music related software
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as maintain a positive working relationship with Music Library Team