This position (posting #S003038) is in the University of Houston Music Library. Relocation funds are not available for the successful candidate.
- Coordinates the daily operations of a library function or program such as serial ordering, reference processing, special collections, electronic publications, information services, and so forth.
- Performs reference work using subject expertise or general resource material.
- Trains and coordinates the work activities of library specialists, library assistants, and/or student workers.
- Interprets and teaches use of basic indexes, directories, guides, files and catalogs.
- Receives and processes reserves and library loan requests.
- Compiles book lists and bibliographies; reviews books and other material in areas of subject expertise.
- Participates in the preparation, maintenance and updating of policies and procedures for functional area.
- May teach electronic research classes to new and experienced library users.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires an Associate’s degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information
This position is located in Music Library.
- Performs basic troubleshooting for computer hardware and software.
- Liaison with Libraries’ Systems department on all advanced technology issues.
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Formal education in or working knowledge of music, including ability to read music.
- High degree of computer literacy desired in all areas listed above.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as maintain a positive working relationship with Music Library team.
Current Working Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
This is a Security Sensitive Position. The candidate will be subject to a Criminal History Investigation.