The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA), with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers two-year conservatory programs.
We are currently seeking a Project Cataloger for the AMDA NY Library. The part-time temporary Project Cataloger will work within a collaborative and collegial environment and report to the Catalog Librarian, providing general cataloging support for the AMDA NY Library. This position is a 3-4 month assignment working 20 hours/week. Project may be extended if necessary.
*Performs copy cataloging and some original cataloging of performing arts CD collection. Comprised mostly of musical theatre and original soundtrack recordings.
* MLS (or equivalent) degree from an ALA-accredited institution, completed or in progress.
* Experience cataloging audio materials.
* Familiarity with MARC format and cataloging rules, including RDA, AACR2, LCSH, and LCC.
* Experience with an integrated library system (SirsiDynex preferred)
* Experience with OCLC and Connexion client.
* Working knowledge of standard bibliographic and other reference tools.