Assistant to CCO and CYO; CSPA concert band and wind ensemble librarian; CSCM chamber music coordinator/librarian
The Assistant to CCO-CYO is responsible for administrative functions associated with the Colburn Chamber Orchestra and Colburn Youth Orchestra in the Colburn School of Performing Arts (CSPA), under the general supervision of the Manager of Orchestral Activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating auditions, performance and rehearsal logistics, preparing performance materials, coordinating orchestra personnel matters collaborating with other CSPA departments on special projects, being present for all CSPA orchestra services (including possible international tour), and maintaining regular communication with faculty, students, parents, and Colburn staff.
The CSCM chamber music coordinator is responsible for the administrative functions associated with the operation of the Colburn School Conservatory of Music (CSCM) chamber music program. Responsibilities include coordinating performance and rehearsal/coaching logistics, enforcing the attendance policy, collaborating with the main library to provide performance materials, creating Chamber Forum concert programs, and maintaining regular communication with conservatory faculty, students and Colburn staff.
The CSPA concert band and wind ensemble librarian is responsible for preparing and distributing performance materials for all rehearsals and performances. Additional responsibilities include coordinating auditions, cataloging and maintaining the band library collection, and communicating with the band director about repertoire and acquisition needs.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Relevant work experience in a performance library or office as ensemble manager (or other arts administration) preferred, but not required.
- Degree in music, or equivalent, and substantial orchestral and chamber music performance experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of music history, theory, orchestration, orchestral and chamber music repertoire, and performance practice traditions.
- Some knowledge of music publishing, licensing and current copyright law would be welcomed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Bibliographic/musical knowledge of European languages.
- Familiarity with office software (Microsoft Office suite) including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and Internet applications.
- Knowledge of music notation and/or orchestra management software (Finale, OPAS) would be welcomed.
Other Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on multi-faceted projects
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and act in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of school-related information