Coordinate operations and manage the music collections for all of the College’s student performing ensembles.
- Catalogue all current music holdings and new inventory.
- Develop and maintain system to track borrowers and borrowing policies.
- Develop and maintain searchable electronic database to record holdings.
- Develop and maintain shelf identification system for easily locating music.
- Distribute music to ensemble directors and members.
- Collect and file music from ensemble directors and members.
- Assess condition of music and retire titles as needed.
- Oversee activity of Music Library’s student workers and other students who use materials from the Music Library.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Organizational skills; written and verbal communication skills; basic score-reading ability.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in music.
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of repertory and of music instrument performance. Experience organizing a music library.
EDUCATION: MM or MFA in Music Performance or Music Education.