Davidson College Library is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and
innovative entry-level librarian with a background in music to join our team of
information literacy librarians. This librarian will work with students and
faculty in all disciplines and will help to maintain and develop the music
library collection. Davidson provides all of the benefits of a small college
environment along with information resources that are more commonly found in
larger institutions. Your colleagues mentor you in your growth, and the library
offers a commitment to and support for professional development.
- Teach course-integrated and stand-alone information literacy sessions
in all subjects and disciplines taught at the college, including music.
- Provide research assistance to students and faculty both
individually and in groups, including some evening and weekend shifts (in
rotation with other librarians).
- Assess current music library holdings and develop and maintain the
music library collection.
- Participate in department, library, and college programs and
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program
- Bachelor’s degree in
- Demonstrated interest
in and knowledge of information literacy
- Teaching or reference
- Knowledge of and
familiarity with information resources, especially in music
- Strong interpersonal
skills, including the ability to work collegially and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Graduate degree in music
- Direct familiarity with the workings of an academic library
- Commitment to a liberal arts college environment
- Experience working with diverse groups
is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Assistant Director for
Information Literacy. The anticipated start date is summer 2014. Review of
applications will begin on April 22, 2014. The position is open until filled.
Finalists will be asked to teach a sample music information literacy lesson
during an on-campus interview.