At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The Curation Team at Pandora is comprised of people who continually seek to build on their affinity, and knowledge of music. We have a deep appreciation for the artists that create music and how recordings are annotated, organized and programmed into musical experiences that resonate with listeners.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative, musical person who is capable of working with data, processing large amounts of information, and has an extremely sharp eye for detail.
- Ingest music and it’s associated metadata into Pandora’s library
- Prioritize and expedite content from delivery partners from ingestion to being live on Pandora
- Improve the coverage, and accuracy of library metadata related to rights ownership
- Produce and maintain documents that describe the workflow process for internal teams that are reporting issues or requesting information
- Receive and fulfill requests from internal teams for information related to the contents of Pandora’s library
- Coordinate the production of metadata maintenance, and other tasks within the scope of Curation team
- Develop and contribute to research and analysis projects that improve the content and organization of Pandora’s library
- Provide general support to the Curation team as needed
- Advanced degree or equivalent in a musical discipline, library science or related field of study
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of music culture, industry and history
- 5+ years experience curating, organizing, and developing a library of music content
- Capable of producing concise and descriptive digital documents
- Experience working for a digital music service provider highly preferred
- Ability to use wiki Atlasian Confluence, and JIRA at an advanced level
- Capable of using spreadsheet applications at an advanced level
- Capable of using SQL to query, and edit database information with efficiency
- The ability to write and talk about music objectively and with confidence
- Proven ability to design and execute research utilizing both qualitative and quantitative methods