General Information: The Editor is responsible for the acquiring and editing of all titles published in Technical Reports and Monographs in Music Librarianship (TR & MML). Previously titled the Music Library Association’s Technical Report Series, TR & MLL has a broad scope, providing a focused, in-depth look at topics of current interest to music libraries and librarians. This series covers all areas of music librarianship, including acquisitions, cataloging, public service, audio technology, facilities management and administration.
- Solicits and receives manuscripts
- Consults with appropriate readers in selecting manuscripts to recommend for publication to MLA Board and its co-publisher A-R Editions, Inc.
- Works with author and A-R Editions in the preparation of the manuscript from the proposal stage through the final publication process
- Submits regular reports to the MLA Board and A-R Editions on the series’ activities
- Serves as a member of the MLA Publications Committee and the Monographic Series Editors
- Extensive experience in editing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with publishing processes
- Ability to think creatively about possible series content, and to motivate and encourage potential authors to bring projects to completion
- Broad knowledge of and several years of experience working in the music library profession
- Successful publications in this area are a plus
- Membership in MLA
Honorarium: $350 per published title
Term: The appointment is one year, with reappointment possible for a maximum of five years. The Board reviews the performance of the TR & MML Editor annually. The President reappoints upon successful review and the desire of the incumbent to continue. Candidates will be interviewed at the 2016 MLA Annual Meeting in Cincinnati.