The Director of
Libraries will make judgments concerning the overall direction and operation of
the libraries. Decisions made which affect the direction of the archives
are made as a team. The ability to collaborate and compromise is important in
making these decisions. The Director of Libraries is responsible for
daily reference desk decisions including circulation matters with students,
faculty, and staff. This position also requires decisions with
grades/evaluation regarding staff, interns and Intermester.
The Bonisteel Library
serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and
Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with
faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding
- provides a collection that reflects
and anticipates patrons’ needs.
- creates a welcoming
This position works
closely with its staff in order to provide these services to the ICA
community. The Director of Libraries also works with the Division
Director team in order to help coordinate library efforts and expertise across
the camp and academy curriculum.
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS
- An undergraduate degree in an arts
and/or education related field is desirable
- Progressive managerial experience in
- Proficient in teaching and using
- Understanding of current copyright
- Have experience in implementing best
practices for library collections and services
- Knowledgeable in both the current
and future trends and practices in libraries