Alexander Street Press is an
award-winning publisher of electronic databases and collections in the
humanities, located in Alexandria, VA, recognized by our customers and
peers for producing products of outstanding quality. We see
understanding customer needs and delivering high quality and innovative
products as the root of our success.
have an immediate opening for a full-time cataloging contractor to do
cataloging of our online videos, documents, recordings, and scores. Our
digital collections cover a wide range of disciplines that include
music, science, history, and engineering. The cataloger will use
Classification Web to find authorized name and subject terms. The
cataloger will also search WorldCat to find matching records for our
This is a full-time contract position and requires working on-site at our Alexandria, Virginia office.
- Experience cataloging using MARC format following AACR2/RDA standards.
- Experience with LC authorities.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.
- Be able to work on-site.
- Experience with music cataloging.
- Completed a course in cataloging.
familiarity with European languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian,
and Portuguese), highly desirable. This means a practical cataloging
familiarity, not a full reading or speaking knowledge: ability to
recognize the different languages, recognizing words representing
articles (A, An, The equivalents) and numbers, recognition of acceptable
diacritics for the language, etc.
- Experience with MarcEdit and Marc Report software.
- Ability to work with a computer continuously for long hours.
$18.00 per hour.