Serve as archival assistant for a research collection in the Center for Popular Music that contains over one million archive items, including over 100,000 pieces of sheet music, 230,000 sound recordings, over 20,000 books, photographs, posters, trade catalogs, and related materials. Provide reference assistance to onsite and remote patrons, particularly in areas related to American traditional and roots music genres. Assist the CPM Coordinator – Archivist with processing and maintenance of special collections. Assist the CPM Librarian with cataloging of books, sheet music, sound recordings and other items as needed. Provide reference services to students and other researchers locally and remotely. Assist with the Center’s social media accounts and general promotion. Assist with the general operations of the Center and perform other related tasks and special projects as assigned.
Required Educational Qualifications and Field of Study
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an area relating directly to the Center’s mission.
Required Year(s) and Type of Work Experience
- One year directly related, progressively responsible experience in an archive, library, or similar setting.
Preferred Year(s) and Type of Work Experience Required
- Two years directly related, progressively responsible experience in an archive, library, or similar setting preferred.
- Training/experience in archival processing and management preferred.
Certificates/ Licenses Preferred
- Certification by the Academy of Certified Archivists preferred